making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 18 December 2009

AERA 2010 Denver

At the beginning of the week, my PI told me to register for AERA 2010 conference and to book accommodation too. Initially I was thinking AERA 2010 is from 30 April - 4 May and Early Bird registration doesn't end until end of March 2010, so what's the hurry.

I finally got down to doing the registration for AERA 2010 today. It was easy enough and I could book accommodation at the same time. There is a list of 12 hotels that have arrangement with the AERA conference to give special discounted group rates. :) However, when I tried to book the accommodation, I realised the 3 hotels that I were interested in didn't have all my accommodation dates available. That means I have to move to a second location after a number of days if I chose those hotels. The hotels that have my accommodation dates available are the expensive ones, e.g. US$200 per night exclusive of tax. :( Now I know why my PI asked me to register and book accommodation so early!

After spending a few hours searching and looking at alternatives, I think I might have found something. Going to fire them an email to make inquiries first before I make my decision. Hope it is what I am looking for.

No comments: