making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Trojan Horse

I was trying to look at some files from my thumbdrive. As the PC I was using in school prompted me to run a virus scan on my thumbdrive, I thought why not. I was darn surprised when the anti-virus programme alerted me to a threat! :O It was a Trojan-gamethief.win32.magania. Horror of horrors, I have a Trojan horse on my thumbdrive!! :( The threat has now been eliminated by the anti-virus programme so my thumbdrive is now clean. However I am now worried about my personal notebook and netbook as well as my office notebook as I have used my thumbdrive on those machines. Although I have scanned my thumbdrive previously, none of the anti-virus programmes pick up this trojan horse. Hopefully it meant the thumbdrive only got infected recently, very, very recently. :( Sigh. I have absolutely no idea how my thumbdrive got infected.

Wait a minute, on second thought, what if it is one of my machines that is infected and it has in turn affected my thumbdrive?! Argh.

No comments: