making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 27 February 2010

"Lucky" and Lucky

Updated 2 March 9:46pm with more photos from colleagues. :)

Our institute is having its annual lunch (with a "Going to School" theme) today from 11am to 3:30pm at Orchard Hotel. I was there on the spot at 11am because I stay really close by lol. I qualified for the early bird door gift haha. :) There were 3 pre-lunch fun activities - glamour shot, fun button and tattooing. I was only interested in the photo shoot and fun button. I managed to get both done without the hassle of queueing up since I was early haha. :)

By 12noon, most of my table-mates have arrived and we were seated at Table 10, which is my lucky number lol. For once, all 10 of us were able to make it, again my lucky number lol. The director gave his speech, followed by the presentation of long service awards and buffet lunch! :) After lunch, there were some activities. I was "lucky" and got sabotaged by my table-mates to be the "class rep" for the first fun activity. I, like 72 other "class reps", had to stand on my chair and provided much laughter to my table-mates as I had to do things like put coins into my ears, tie a napkin round my forehead, wear 3 men's belts, etc. I have to admit, it was quite a funny experience haha. However, we didn't win this activity as we didn't have some of the items required by the emcee lol. There were also performances and one of the performances was actually a repeat of the performance at 2007 staff dinner. Those who were at the 2007 dinner immediately remembered it and started gesturing to me. Why? Because I was "invited" on stage for the same performance back in 2007 lol. Yes, I tend to be very "lucky" like that lol. :P

After the performances, came the highlight of the lunch - the lucky draw!! Hahaha. It was the draw for the top 10 prizes, starting with the 10th prize first. Most of us stayed till the end of the lunch for this moment lol. As it got closer to the top 3 prizes, I was thinking to myself it was okay not to have won anything as I really enjoyed myself this year with the great company. When all of sudden, I heard my name being announced! WHAT?! I had won the 3rd prize, a Sony 40" LCD TV!!! Goodness me!! :) :) :) My colleagues were happy for me too and clapped really hard, especially those from my Table 10 as I went on stage to collect my prize from the director. Told you, 10 is my lucky number haha. :)

Table 10 group photo before Director's speech

3 beauties queueing for food haha :P

Still eating my dessert even though being sabo-ed and standing on the chair for the activity haha
Ok, what else you want me to do? Bring it on! Haha

Listening attentively, one of us might be the next lucky draw winner! OH, that's me!! haha :P

Photos with friends and colleagues :)




Final group photos before "school" is dismissed


More photos with friends and colleagues before we parted ways :)





I had lots of fun at the staff lunch because of the great company. It was an excellent time to catch up with one another, out of the office environment where everyone could let down their hair and just have fun. :) Ok ok, I also enjoyed the lunch because I won a prize!! Hahaha. :P

No comments: