making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 6 March 2010

SCGS Gathering & Birthday Celebrations

It is our annual CNY gathering with my SC friends. Ok, this year is a little bit later due to unforeseen circumstances but we managed to meet up a week after CNY lol. For food, we had the usual potluck. We have the yummy mee siam and kueh pie tee cooked by Karen, Chung made the chicken wings this year (following Karen's recipe) which tasted great, Hsiao prepared lamb chops, Steph fried prawn-meat ngoh hiang balls, and I made my fruity potato salad. There were also green salad and pork ribs.

During lunch, it was the usual catching up for the adults while the kids played with one another. We also talked about our coming all-girls trip in 2011, either to Perth or some place where it is easy to do self-driving. :) Since I am the only one who don't drive and feeling bad, I offered to get my driving licence before then. My friends were silent for a while before unanimously saying that they would probably let me drive only if they are absolutely drunk! Otherwise, there's not a chance they will allow me to drive when they are sober. Hmm, they must have seen my coordination when I play driving games. I CRASH cars!! Hahaha. :D

For dessert and tea/coffee, we adjourned to the 3rd level of Hsiao's house which is Mediterranean themed. There was a surprise for Karen and Chung. Steph bought an ice cream cake to celebrate both their birthdays. The children were really intrigued with the cake which was colourfully decorated with jelly beans. :)



A candid photo of the birthday girls with the children :)


We parted ways close to 4:30pm with promises to meet up for lunch again but without the children and husbands around haha. :)

PS. I brought the girls "swimming" in the morning. I did try to teach them how to float but I failed miserably. :( Looks like they need professional help.

No comments: