making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 15 March 2010

SGH Experience

I accompanied my father to Singapore General Hospital (SGH) to see the diabetes consultant as well as to get some tests done with regards to his diabetes such as blood test, ECG test, retina check and foot check.

SGH is a big place and at times, very confusing. The signs are quite small and unclear. Without the nurse to direct us where to go, we would surely get lost! We had to run to different places to get the different tests done. At each place, there was queueing and waiting.

It was a very tiring experience for me even though I am not the one undergoing the tests and checks. It must have been worse for my father. :( We will have to go back to SGH at least thrice to see the heart consultant, the eye consultant, and finally the diabetes consultant again for follow up. Sigh. Not looking forward to the queueing and waiting... :(

PS. Seeing what my father has gone through, it serves as a reminder for me to watch my sugar intake. I am so going to make sure I stay pre-diabetic for as long as I can. Friends, do tell me off if you see me eating sweet stuff. Thanks in advance. :)

No comments: