making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 13 March 2010

Tooth's Out

In the morning when I was reading the papers, Juliane asked me to look at something in her mouth.

Juliane: There's something hard hard inside my mouth.
Me: Is it? I have a look. Ahhh, your new tooth is out! Why didn't you say anything?
Juliane: Oh, I thought it was skin.
Me: ... ...

Juliane's lower right front milk tooth started becoming loose about 3 weeks ago. I thought it would drop off on its own as it did with Marieann's milk teeth so I didn't bother too much with it until today. I was so surprised to see Juliane's new permanent tooth growing out from behind her milk tooth. Oh no, I hope her new tooth won't be crooked! I quickly called my friend, Hoon who is a dentist. She managed to squeeze Juliane in for an appointment today. Juliane was really brave! She sat really still for the jab whereas I paled at the sight of the needle. :S Within 15 minutes, Juliane had her milk tooth extracted. :) Hoon said it is still too early to say if her tooth would be crooked. Hopefully her tongue movement would help to push out the tooth to its correct position.

To reward Juliane for her bravery, the "tooth fairy" (aka me) will be paying her a visit tonight lol. :P

No comments: