making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 27 April 2010

In Denver!

I am finally in Denver! :) It is still Tuesday 27 April 2010 in Denver, whereas in Singapore, it is already Wednesday 28 April. I will try to put in both times in my blog where possible.

My flight UA804 departed from Terminal 3, Changi Airport at 7:30am, just 20 minutes behind schedule for Narita, Japan. I watched "Up in the Air", how apt haha. :P Lunch was diabetic meal of broiled chicken with herbs and vegetables. Somehow the others' meals look a lot more appetising lol. Time passed pretty quickly and we soon landed at Narita Airport at 1:40pm Singapore time (2:40pm Tokyo time). At 4:45pm Tokyo time, we departed for Seattle on flight UA876. I tried to sleep since it was night time during the 8 hours flight to Seattle. We were served breakfast shortly before landing in Seattle at 8:40am Seattle time.

Lunch (diabetic) on UA804
Breakfast (diabetic) on UA876

We had to clear customs as it is the first point of entry into the US. The queue was really long and it took me over an hour to clear customs. By the time I was done, I had an hour to spare. I had to rush over to the gate for the connecting flight to Denver at 11:20am Seattle time. However, I discovered that the flight to Denver has been delayed until 1:20pm Seattle time. I was actually quite tired and wanted nothing more than to get to Denver as soon as possible! :( No choice, had to find things to do and tried my best not to sleep lol. By 1:40pm Seattle time, we were in the air again. We touched down at 5:10pm Denver time. I collected my luggage and was on my way to my accommodation by 6pm Denver time. I was at my accommodation at 7pm Denver time. I have never been so glad to be somewhere lol. :)

I like my unit which is to be my home for the next 10 days. :) Although tired, I had to go out to King Soopers (a supermarket) to get groceries for my stay in Denver. I think I am going to be alright here. Those of you at home, don't worry about me. Hey, remember I am a seasoned traveller haha. :) Good night, everyone. I am dead beat, need to sleep. :)


The unit from the doorway

The study and dinning area

The kitchen

The bathroom

The bathroom II

The living room

The bedroom

The bedroom from the balcony

The living room from the balcony

The Daniels & Fisher Tower (a landmark) from my balcony

The Rockies in the distance from my balcony

The D & F Tower at night

The city at night

No comments: