making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 17 April 2010

Life and Death

When there is life, there is also death and vice verse. Life and death are two sides of the same coin.

*Life*
I was woken up by shouts of "I have babies!" from Juliane early in the morning. I dragged myself out of bed to see what the din was all about. To my great surprise, it is really "I have babies!". There are 8 little baby guppies swimming in Juliane's fish tank! Apparently, there were fish eggs on the aquatic plant. The girls were really excited to see the baby guppies. The miracle of Life.

*Death*
In the evening, we had some bad news from Taiwan. My 86 years old maternal grandmother is in a coma in ICU. She had choked on her lunch and not knowing, my 3rd uncle fed her some more which aggravated the whole situation. To make things worse, they decided to take her to the hospital rather than wait for the ambulance, thinking it would be faster. Alas, it was the wrong decision. When my grandmother arrived at the hospital, she had already stopped breathing. The A&E managed to resuscitate my grandmother but she is now in a coma. The doctors are not optimistic about her chances... Sigh... Now it is a waiting game. I hope my grandmother can pull through.

No comments: