making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 10 April 2010

SCGS Carnival 2010

Today is the SC-Cares Carnival 2010. SCGS organised the carnival to raise funds for a new sports building. It started pouring really heavily in the morning just before we set off for the carnival which was held at the school grounds. I met my friend and also a former SCGS colleague, Carolyn at 10am. We were slightly late lol.

Marieann joined her class and went on rounds with her classmates to sell their cookies and lollies. I bought cookies from Marieann before they went off to sell their wares lol. My friend and I supported our former SCGS colleagues by buying from their class stores. We also had a great time catching up with our former SCGS colleagues. :) I think Juliane was bored just following us around until she hit the game stores haha. I played at one of the game stores too lol. I managed to win a red soft toy monkey. It was actually a big soft toy bulldog but it looked really ugly so I asked to exchange for the smaller, cuter prize which was the monkey. :) Juliane really liked it and had it hanging around her neck as she walked around the carnival. I met a former student too, Deborah. It was nice to see her there as well as some of my SCGS classmates.

At 2pm, we watched Rice, the play at the Khoo Auditorium. The girls really enjoyed the play. My friend gave us a lift home after the play. We were home by 3:30pm. It was a fun day but exhausting as we were on our feet for most part of the day except during the 1 hour play.


The girls before the play started

Our goodies from the carnival. We managed to get another green soft toy monkey. :)

But the fun didn't end there. Just as we reached home, my friend invited my girls over to their condo for a swim. I was amazed at how the girls had so much energy in them to go on for a swim and playing Xbox games at my friend's place!

3 comments:

SamanthaW said...

oooooooooh! Marieann is in green house too! xD Didn't know you were gonna attend! Ms Koh asked me if I wanted to go but cause I didn't know anyone who was going. Didn't really feel up to it. Plus the fact I haven't been back to SC for ages lol. Glad that you girls had fun :D

hweiming said...

I was in Green House when studying in SCGS and I was also Green House mistress when teaching in SCGS. Of course Marieann has to be in GREEN HOUSE! :) She has to follow the legacy hahaha. GREEN HOUSE RULES!!!! 16 April is SCGS Sports Day. I hope Green House is the champion house! :P
You should have gone to the carnival lah. It would have been fun to see you. I am sure there were other former students around, just that we didn't cross paths. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello I'm from Brazil and I'm wanting to make new friends, your family is beautiful congratulations and your blog too, visit my congratulations .. got some good reports on him enteressantes .. .. bjo FELIPE and mother ...