making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 29 April 2010

Snow Showers

What a change of the weather! Yesterday was a high of 21C with plenty of sunshine and today, it plummeted down to only a high of 9C! FREEZING COLD!

I was woken up by the cold actually. :P Around 8am Denver time (10pm Singapore time), I started feeling very cold. I took a peek out the window and saw that it was showering. ok but hey, what's those white specks?! Lo and behold, it is snow!! I am witnessing for the very first time in my life, snow showers! :) It was kind of beautiful to watch but very COLD lol. I was out on the balcony (on the 19th floor where I am staying), dressed only in my pj and a jacket, taking photos like crazy. I tried to catch the snow flakes both in my hand and on camera but they melted really fast as they were small. I stuck out my tongue and caught a few snow flakes lol. It was cold haha. I wish my girls were here to see this sight. :)




The Rocky in the distance after the snow showers in the afternoon

It is really cold today due to the snow showers. I didn't venture outdoors until late in the afternoon when my friend, Luis reminded me to register for my AERA Conference pack. By then, the snow showers had stopped. Thank goodness lol. :P Since I was already outdoors to collect conference stuff, I might as well have dinner too. I joined Luis for a quick dinner at Bubba Gump which is the nearest restaurant, right next to the Colorado Convention Centre haha. I ordered a Shrimp Po' Boy (under US$12): French Loaf stuffed with warm Popcorn Shrimp served with fries and coleslaw while my friend, Luis ordered a Baja Shrimp Tacos: Three spicy shrimp tacos. Both dishes looked and tasted delicious. :)

My Shrimp Po' Boy

Luis' Shrimp Tacos


By the time we finished dinner and parted ways, it was close to 7.30pm Denver time (9.30am Singapore time). I walked around the city for a while as my friend went back to prepare for his presentation the next day. Managed to take a few photos before I started to freeze. Time to go home and snuck into bed to keep warm lol.

No comments: