making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 4 May 2010

AERA 2010: Last Day

It's the last day of the conference. Time really flies. I attended one final session today by David who is an expert in Assessment. I managed to pose him a question from my good friend back home as well as gotten him to autograph my copy of his book lol. He wrote encouraging words in my book. Thanks. :)

On my way back to my apartment, I took some photos of the Rocky Mountains from the Denver Performing Arts Complex where I will be watching an award-winning Broadway musical show, In The Heights tonight at 8pm Denver time (10am Singapore time).




I was moved to a new apartment today because there was a leaking pipe in my former one and with the repair works going on in the apartment, there was too much dust for my eye to take. I was moved from 19D to 15D, but still facing the Rocky Mountains. :) The layout of the new apartment is the same as the previous one, just the difference in furnishing. It is still as cosy. :)

My colleague, Luis and I met up for an early dinner at 5.30pm before catching the Broadway musical, In The Heights. We went to Katie Mullen's Irish Pub & Restaurant. We shared Scotch Eggs (US$5.95): hard boiled egg, sausage wrapping and breadcrumb coating. I have been searching for this since I last had it in UK several years ago. :) Of course, it was delicious lol. I had one of the Traditional Dishes, Trawlerman's Baked Fish Pie (US$13.95): cod, salmon, clams, crab, vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes. It was really yummy. :) I love pies lol. My colleague had the Mullen's Harp-Battered Fish & Chips (US$14.95). The portion was huge!






"In The Heights" was a 2.5 hours musical with a 15 minute recess in between. Our seats were upgraded when we went to collect the tickets. Our seats were now just a couple of rows away from the stage and right smacked in the middle of the stage. :) The musical was great, the singing, the music, the dialogue. Thanks to Ursula who recommended me to watch it. :) It was almost 11pm when the show ended. I am really glad that I caught the musical at Denver Performing Arts Complex which is the second largest in the USA.


It has been an eventful day for me. :) I am beat lol.

No comments: