making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 17 May 2010

Afterthoughts of Denver Trip

I really enjoyed my Denver trip, despite the cold and the scratched cornea haha. Being in a new city, seeing new things, taking in another culture, learning about its history and geography, doing as locals do, sampling new dishes, wandering wherever my feet take me, ... all these and more make me feel alive.

It has never been a problem for me travelling overseas alone. In fact, I love it. I find myself learning a lot on trips like these, not just about the places I visit but also about myself. You can say every trip is like a self-discovery trip for me lol. It is also the freedom of going where I want whenever I want, doing what I want whenever I want without having to follow anyone's schedule but MY OWN! :) It is the wanderlust in my genes that I blame lol. :P Look at my own immediate family: my parents originated from other countries and my brother now resides in UK lol. Looking further back in time, it seemed on my maternal side of the family there was a sea-faring Dutchman for one of our ancestors haha.

No comments: