making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 26 May 2010

FDW

My current FDW (Foreign Domestic Worker) wants to return home for good when her contract is up in early July. We have to respect her wishes. She has been with us for close to 12 years since 1998. The girls will definitely miss her as she has been around since their births.

In the evening around 6pm, my parents and I went to an employment agency at Coronation Plaza which is highly recommended by a close family friend. This is the first agency we went to and by 8pm when we left, we have decided on the FWD whom we would like to employ and I have signed all the relevant papers and contracts. We don't like to dilly dally lol. :P

The FDW would be employed under my name rather than my father's as her main job would be to look after the children and the secondary job, to do simple housework. As it is my first time employing a FDW, I have to do a FDW Employment Orientation Programme in which I will have to take a quiz at the end of the programme. Only when I pass, then I can proceed to apply for a FDW work permit. If all goes well, the new FDW will be here by late June earliest and latest by early July.

No comments: