making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 6 May 2010

Last Day in Denver

Today is my last day in Denver. I decided to take it easy and besides, the weather has turned cold again lol.

After 1pm Denver time (3am Singapore time), I took a walk to 16th Street Mall for the last time. First, I took the free mall ride up to one end of the ride which is Civic Centre Station where I took photos of Colorado State Capitol, The Denver Post building. The sky started to look threatening. I took the free mall ride down to the other end towards Union Station where I took photos of Union Station and Tattered Cover Book Store. I visited Tattered Cover, a book store with lots of nooks and crannies, an ample supply of sofas, overstuffed chairs, and antique tables for lounging and study and a Coffee & Tea shop with free wi-fi. I don't mind doing my writing/ work in this book store lol. I wish we have a book store like this in Singapore. Something unique about Tattered Cover too, it sells used books in addition to new books.



Me trying to take a photo amidst the strong wind lol

The building that housed Tattered Cover Book Store

It was close to 4pm Denver time (6am Singapore time) when I left Tattered Cover with a purchase of two children's books. It has started drizzling. I took the mall ride back down towards Larimer Street where The Cheesecake Factory is. I decided to have lunch cum dinner lol. I had a Lunch Pasta - Pasta Da Vinci (US$10.95): Sautéed Chicken, Mushrooms and Onions in a Delicious Madeira Wine Sauce Tossed with Penne Pasta and Parmesan. It was delicious. I ended my lunch/dinner with a slice of Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheesecake (US$6.95): Raspberry-Vanilla Cake, Creamy Lemon Cheesecake, Raspberry Lady Fingers and Lemon Mousse. Sweet! :)



When I came back to the apartment around 5:30pm, it was raining lightly. The weather has certainly turned cold again lol. Strangely, I don't feel so cold now. I think I have become more accustomed to the cold now, just when I am to return home! Haha. :P Finished up the last of my packing and now updating my blog. I shall try to rest earlier tonight lol. :)

No comments: