making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 7 May 2010

On My Way Home II

Updated 9 May Sunday 11:46pm

I arrived at DIA just before 6:30am but there was a queue already for the United easy check in. Thank goodness the queue moved quite fast and it is rather unique as you checked yourself in through the check in kiosk. There are ground staff who would come by once you have checked in to help you attach the tags and so on. By 7:15am, I cleared customs and was inside the terminal. I had a bit of time to browse at the shops (which were opened) before boarding started at 8.01am for UA875. By 8:50am, we were on our way to Seattle. :)

Sunrise on the way to DIA

The Rocky Mountain in the distance

The roof-top of DIA which is constructed to look like The Rocky Mountains

The train within DIA which takes passengers to Gates A, B and C

We touched down in Seattle at 11:50am Denver time. The next connecting flight from Seattle to Narita was on time at 1:30pm Seattle time (I think Seattle is one hour behind Denver time). :) I had about 3 hours to spare at Seattle Airport. I browsed in the shops, had some snacks and read my JR Ward lol. Soon it was the boarding call for my flight UA875.

From Seattle to Narita, the flight was generally smooth, only some slight turbulence. I managed to watch "Leap Year", "Sherlock Holmes" and "The Book Of Eli". :) I was trying my best not to fall asleep. Lunch was a diabetic meal of chicken in white sauce, brown rice and vegetables whereas the meal before we landed in Narita was omelette for me (it looked a lot like breakfast to me but the rest had either pasta or noodle).




Once we crossed the international date line during the flight from Seattle to Narita, we are officially now 8 May instead of 7 May. :)

No comments: