making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 6 June 2010

Malay Girl+Kazakh Boy = Wedding@Singapore Zoo

Today's my colleague and friend, Filzah's BIG DAY. She is married to Murat. :) Their solemnisation was held at Al-Amin Mosque and thereafter the reception was held at the Forest Lodge, Singapore Zoo. It was really exciting for me as this is the first time I attended a wedding reception at the Zoo. :) My girls were envious and wanted to come along. Sorry, the invite is for one only, that is, me haha. :P

I was the first guest to arrive at the reception at 11am and I am darn proud to be early lol. :) It was really strange and funny to see only 1 guest and 5/6 waiters and waitresses with drinks coming at me haha. :P By 12pm, most of the guests have arrived and were all mingling around. My colleagues/ friends and I took photos with each other. The reception decor was in keeping with the Zoo theme, lots of animal print around and the wedding favours which are animal soft toys brought a lot of "Oh"s and "Ah"s from the ladies haha. :P There were games and performances in between the 8 course lunch. One of the games required us to make a scrapbook page with the polariod photos taken of us at the mingling session before lunch and with the materials provided at each table. There was much fun and laughter when we were making our scrapbook pages. There were also Kazakhstan musical performance and dance performance which were unique cultural experiences.




My loopy-eared giraffe soft toy with our polariod photo

Our scrapbook page by Sharm, Monica and I :)

The lunch was really nice! For a Muslim wedding, I had expected the food to be all spicy. To my great surprise and happiness, it was Chinese food which meant I could eat all the dishes with gusto and no fear of spices except for 1 dish haha. :) There were Hot and Cold Assorted Platter, Braised Rich Fish Maw Soup with Seafood, Oven Baked Crispy Chicken, Crispy Butter Oatmeal Prawns, Deep Fried Garoupa with Thai Chili and Diced Mango, Seafood Fried Rice, Vegetables with Braised Mushrooms and Honeydew with Sago.

There were touching and emotional moments at the wedding such as during the showing of the video clips of the groom's family back in Kazakhstan giving their well-wishes for their marriage and during the speeches by wedding couple and their parents. The lunch reception ended around 3:20pm. All of us agreed Filzah and Murat's wedding reception was indeed a unique experience, not just because of its location, but because of its cultural elements too. :)


Our table photo with the wedding couple

Our group photo with the wedding couple at the end of the reception

Our group photo (I looked like I am being kissed by 2 giraffes haha)

Filzah and Murat, here's wishing you both a beautiful life together filled with much love and happiness.

No comments: