making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 12 June 2010

Welcome Home to Taiwan

By 6am, both girls were awake. Since I have already checked in online, we could arrive at the airport 90 minutes before departure time at 8:35am. By 7.50am, we had checked in our luggage, cleared customs and bought a gift from Duty Free. Our flight SQ876 took off at 8:45am. The whole journey was quite turbulent. :) When the first air turbulence hit, I was worried the girls might be scared. When I turned to look at them, both of them were looking at me with huge smiles and we spoke in unison, "Like roller coaster ride!". Haha. I am really glad that the girls are like me. :)

Us before clearing customs

Us in the plane

Kid's meal: mashed potato and omelette with chicken and vegetables

My diabetic meal: prawn salad and turkey breast

We arrived at Taoyuan Airport at 1:10pm. It was only 22C and it is raining. Seems like cold weather follows me wherever I go. :( My mother and her friend came to pick us up from the airport and brought us to our hotel, City Lake Hotel. We spent some time settling in before leaving at 4:15pm to visit my mother's old friend whom she had known for 45 years and whom I last met 18 years ago! Ok, that's how long I haven't been back to Taiwan. :( It was wonderful meeting the aunty and her children who were my childhood friends. They marvelled at how I haven't changed since they last saw me 18 years ago. Haha. :P

Our deluxe triple room from the door




The view from our window

The same view at night

Group photo at my mother's old friend's place

Next destination was my maternal uncle's place for dinner at 6:30pm. Again, I haven't seen my uncle and aunty and cousins for a long time. Guess when it is your blood, there were no awkward moments. We were chatting away over dinner and we also celebrated my uncle's birthday which is today.

Taiwanese home-cooked dinner: I really miss this.

My Taiwanese family


Close to 9pm, my cousin and her husband sent us back to the hotel. It's almost 12 midnight now. Both girls have finally fallen asleep. Phew lol. I finally can have a few moments for myself.

No comments: