making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 28 November 2010

Arrived

Cold and miserable in a foreign country. It was only a low 18C and I was still trying to recover from my cold. :( I managed to do an early check-in into my studio apartment accommodation. And the next thing I did was SLEEP!

My studio apartment from the door


The living and the dining areas

The dining area, the kitchen and the bedroom


View from the bed towards the living and dining areas


I woke in mid afternoon, still feeling tired. :( But hunger won and I needed to get food. I walked to the city centre which was about 10 minutes away, had lunch (at Subway! haha :P) and bought groceries from the supermarket. After depositing the groceries at the apartment, I went to the conference to register and collect the conference materials. While walking back to the apartment, I saw an Asian supermarket! :) I went straight in and bought instant cup noodles!! Haha :P That was to be my dinner as I was still too tired and sick to venture out later in the cold for dinner.

I was nodding off at 9pm while watching tv. The overnight flight has taken its toll on me, and I think being unwell added to the toll as well. I decided to have an early night so that I can be ready for the first day of conference tomorrow.

No comments: