making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Meeting Up

I was really happy to meet up with David and his wife, Ursula. I met them earlier in May at the AERA, Denver too. :) It was really nice to catch up with them again. In a way, I feel they are like grandparents to me. After the conference ended for the day, David and Ursula took me to dinner at an Italian restaurant, not far from the conference venue.

We had a delicious dinner (I had the most fantastic duck and mushroom risotto!!) and a wonderful chat about work, dissertation, and educational issues in USA and Singapore. After dinner, they even walked me back to my accommodation, citing that they needed to walk off the heavy dinner. David and Ursula are really nice people, very grandparent-ly to me that is. :P I hope they will come by Singapore again so that I can bring them around.



When I returned to my apartment around 9pm, it was time to work as my presentation is on tomorrow morning. I haven't had the chance to practise my presentation yet. :(

No comments: