making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 29 April 2011

Singapore General Election 2011

I am still very upset that I have yet again been denied the chance to vote. All because I am unfortunate enough to be in the Tanjong Pagar GRC.
I have never voted once in my life. For many years now, I have been robbed of my rights to voice my opinions with regards to the elected leaders and overall government policies. I have been robbed of my rights to have a say in shaping and deciding my own future...

For those of you who can vote on 7 May 2011, please vote for a party that is really concerned for the welfare of the people and for the good of the country...

"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country." ~Samuel Adams, The Writings of Samuel Adams, Harry Alonzo Cushing, editor (New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1907), Vol. IV, p. 256.

PS.
At the Young PAP's 25th anniversary celebration, PM Lee said, "Never forget we are servants of the people, not their masters. Always maintain a sense of humility and service. Never lord it over the people we are looking after and serving."

I found this quote which is very interesting and provides food for thought.
"In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant." ~Charles de Gaulle

No comments: