making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Young Enthusiasts of "Politics"

The girls had no school today because SCGS was being used as a nomination centre. They were pretty happy about the whole thing. I came home early around 12pm from counselling to find them glued to the tv, watching the special Nomination Day news coverage. I was like "HUH?! MY KIDS are following the politics in Singapore?!!". Every time, they cheered, I would rush to see what's happening, and only to see PAP of Tanjong Pagar GRC on tv. What? They are cheering for PAP?! I finally couldn't take it anymore and asked why they were cheering for PAP.
Me: Why you cheering for PAP?
Girls: What PAP?
Me: Those men in white.
Girls: What white men?
Me: No, no, men in white colour clothes.
Girls: Got meh? We are cheering for SCGS!
Me: SCGS?!
Girls: Yar, there, there! SCGS!

I turned and again only saw PAP of Tanjong Pagar GRC on tv. What SCGS?!

Girls: (pointing on tv) See, SCGS pillar. There, SCGS railing.
Me: *Speechless*

I knew SCGS was a nomination centre but I totally forgot that it is a nomination centre for Tanjong Pagar GRC too. Trust the kids to recognise the pillar, the railing of their school lol. I could hardly recognise anything amidst the sea of white.

Ok, so my kids aren't interested in Singapore politics and law :P, except for the enbloc law which they hate as they could potentially lose their home if 80% majority agreed to sell collectively the estate and they could force us (the 20% minority) to sell too regardless we want to sell or not. :( They have been following me round when I talked to residents in our estate about the enbloc - unfair conditions set out in the csa and the cons of enbloc.

No comments: