making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 20 May 2011

"I'm Melting"

My colleagues and I were back at the same school for our second day of data collection. Just as the data collection was about to start, the fire alarm went off in the school. The school was having a fire drill! We quickly "evacuated" to the school field, along with the rest of the school. While waiting for the attendance for each class to be taken, my colleague, HJ decided to open up her umbrella as it was really hot at 9+am. She offered to share her umbrella with F and I. But we were kind of embarrassed because being the only umbrella in the entire field, it really stood out lol. As the minutes ticked by, I could feel myself slowly inching towards my colleague's umbrella because it was really hot haha. Just then, the school principal came over to us. Well, the umbrella was like a beacon lol. The following conversation occurred.

Principal: (to HJ) The sun is good for you. I love the sun.
HJ: (with her usual poker face) I'm melting.
Principal: But Vitamin D is good for you.
HJ: No need. I am already melting.
Principal: You don't have to wait here, you can go back to the class first.

Both F and I were dumbfounded by HJ's replies to the P. HJ was so serious in her replies that it was funny. I think I would never have the guts to say something like that to a Principal lol.
HJ, hats off to you!

No comments: