making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 19 May 2011

Once a Teacher, ...

Always a teacher.
Two of my colleagues and I went to a primary school for data collection. As I was entering the classroom identified for participation in our research, a teacher who was passing by told me that I have to be very firm with that particular class. I replied that I was an ex-teacher and she went away smiling and saying that I would have no problem. When I was in the midst of handing out the materials to the students, in walked the form teacher. He took one look at me and said, "You ah. You can handle the class. I will go back to the staffroom now."
It turned out the form teacher is someone I knew from my MOE HQ days lol. He knew I was a former teacher and he had more than enough confidence that I would be able to handle his class. He was right lol. I had his class totally under control. I have not lost my touch as a teacher lol. :)

No comments: