making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 9 June 2011

"Last shop, last shop, I promise!"

I have designated today to be shopping day since it is late night shopping in Sydney. Why waste the extra hours I can get for shopping?! Lol. However, to make it easier and less exhausting for my girls, I have a list of specific shops that I wanted to visit at Pitt Street Mall. :P (A good friend said I was OCD to have a list of shops that I wanted to visit lol!)

After 2 days of waking up at 6.30am, we were able to sleep in for today. :) We arrived at our first stop, Paddy's Market at Haymarket just after 10am. The girls wanted to buy gifts for their friends and Paddy's Market is the place to get souvenirs! :) We spent almost an hour shopping at Paddy's Market. There is a shopping mall linked to Paddy's Market, Market City. We spent another 30-45 minutes browsing at the shops there. :)

At World Square monorail station

Paddy's Market



We went to a Taiwanese cuisine restaurant, The Meeting Point at Market City for lunch. This was one of the restaurants I wanted to eat at. Yes, I have a list of restaurants that I wanted to eat at too lol. :P Juliane had a small Minced Stewed Pork with Rice (A$5.80), Marieann had Stewed Pork Ribs Noodles Soup (A$10.80) and I had Crispy Deep-Fried Pork Tenderloin Noodles Soup (A$10.80). Our dishes were really delicious and portion was huge! We were struggling to finish our lunch. My girls said it reminded them of my mother's cooking lol. Girls, your grandmother is Taiwanese, it is no wonder that you think the dishes tasted like her cooking lol. :P




After lunch around 1.30pm, we took the monorail to Pitt Street Mall. Westfield Sydney, one of the main shopping malls, is spread out over several buildings. As my shops (remember my list of shops? haha) were located in different buildings, we had to navigate our way around lol. :P During the hunt for one particular shop, we accidentally found ourselves at Queen Victoria Building (QVB), another shopping mall! Goodness, all the malls are interlinked with one another! Shoppers' heaven. :) We rested for a while at the QVB basement where the girls had gelato. It was a good break from all the waking lol. :P

Pitt Street Mall

The girls taking a break at Pitt Street

QVB Stained Glass Windows

QVB clocks


By 6pm, we were at Darling Harbour, Harbourside Shopping Centre lol. Travelling around was really easy with the monorail. A family day pass (A$23) allowed us to travel as many times as we want on the monorail. The girls by then were tired and hungry but there was a shop that caught my eye so I told them, "It's the last shop, I promise". As I came out of Temt, I saw yet another shop. The girls were complaining really loudly, "But you said last shop just now!". "Last shop, last shop, I promise!" The saleslady was amused and she helped to keep the girls occupied while I browsed round the shop lol.
After dinner at the Harbourfood Shopping Centre food court, we walked outside in the cold, crisp night to look at the lights of Cockle Bay Wharf and Darling Harbour.





We got back to our hotel close to 8pm. Since the girls were so nice to accompany me on my shopping (actually they had no choice lol), with my Perfect Portion cooling foot and leg lotion, I gave them foot rubs to soothe their aching feet. :)

The monorail back to our hotel home

Juliane pretending to be frozen

Marieann and Juliane (who was making a funny face) at the World Square Shopping Centre that is connected to our hotel, Rydges World Square

No comments: