making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 31 July 2011

Farewell, Bali

We are leaving for home today. It seemed too soon that our holiday has come to an end. It felt like we had only just started our holiday! :( But we are starting to plan for our next all-girls holiday in 2 years' time lol.

On our last day, we went for our free one hour Balinese traditional massage at 9am. The massage was really soothing and relaxing. After the massage, we had a really heavy breakfast lol.

Muesli, yogurt, fruit salad

Omelette

Nasi goreng

Mee goreng

Our "Farewell to Bali" photo at Ranadi Villa

We arrived at the airport at 12pm and proceeded immediately to check in. There was a bit of hoo-ha at the counter as our check-in luggage was 7kg overweight! On the spot, my friends repacked the luggage, several times(!!), until we had exactly 15kg for check in. This was the first time I experienced packing the luggage at the airport up close and personal! :P
After the successful check-in, we proceeded to the immigration. My three friends got through without a word uttered by the immigration officers. However, when it was my friend, HM's turn, the officer asked her questions. At one point, HM turned and pointed at me, saying I was her friend. When it was my turn at the counter, the same officer looked at me and then at my passport. He looked in disbelief and gestured to his fellow officer to look at me and both of them started speaking in Indonesian and laughing. I was quite lost and looking a bit scared, not understanding what was going on until the officer spoke. He said he couldn't believe my actual age as he thought I looked only 20. Hahaha. Thanks :P
Our flight took off on time at 1.50pm. We were kept busy writing birthday cards for one another lol. All too soon, we touched down in Singapore.

Although we were all glad to be back, we really enjoyed our all-girls holiday together. There were plenty of wonderful shopping, fantastic food, great laughs, and excellent company. We are looking forward to our next all-girls trip in 2 years' time lol.

No comments: