making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 16 July 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Due to my colleague's connections, we managed to get 4 free tickets to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in 3D! Thanks, YZ! :) My mother, my girls and I watched the morning "HP7 part 2 show "at Bugis Junction. I just watched HP7 part 1 on the flight to Sydney so I was able to continue the story with HP7 part 2.

Although I much prefer the HP books because of the rich details, the HP movies are great too for their visual effects. I wish there were more fighting scenes though at Hogwarts between the good forces (students, teachers, former member of the Order of the Phonics) and the evil forces of Voldemort. The scene that I was most happy with was the scene where HP looked into Snape's memories. This scene followed the book quite closely. I cried when I read it in HP7. I cried again when I watched it in HP7 part 2. I shall not say too much because it is a lot more enjoyable if you watch the movie yourselves.

Here is the trailer for HP7 part 1 & 2 (uploaded by MovieManiacsDE)


Below are the trailers for HP7 part 2 (uploaded by WarnerBrosPictures)


My favourite trailer for HP7 part 2 :)


A tribute to Snape


When the last HP7 book was out in 2007, I was not willing to let HP go. Finally, 4 years later in 2011, I am now able to say good bye to HP with this last movie. Time has lessened the impact of good bye and allowed me to come to terms gradually with the end of the HP series. I can now say with a smile, "It has been great knowing you, HP! Thank you!".

No comments: