making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Your Account has Expired

I was really frustrated when I couldn't log into my email account last night and there is tons of work to be done. Thinking it might be my password expiring soon, I changed it. Thrice! Nothing worked. I gave up at 1+am and decided that I would check with the IT department when I get into work first thing in the morning.

The first thing I heard when I called the IT department was "Your account has expired".

Me: What do you mean by "my account has expired"?
IT: Your account has been terminated.
Me: What?! What do you mean?!
IT: On our record, your contract ended on 31 July 2011.
Me: I am still here! I have been renewed till 2012!
IT: Sorry, our record shows that you are no longer staff...
Me: I have lots of work to do!! I need my account reactivated!!! (getting hysterical)
IT: Maybe you can get your department's reporting office to call us.

That's what I did. My project managers (both current and former) helped me to sort out the glitch. Somewhere, somehow, someone messed it up. It was an uneasy 12 hours' wait before my account was finally activated again.

No comments: