making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 6 September 2011

"Wise" Words?!

I am attending a two day English Language Institute of Singapore conference organised by MOE at Marina Bay Sands. Pretty exciting as it is the first time I am stepping foot at MBS. :) Must have a good look around. For personal reasons, I will never willingly step foot at MBS or Sentosa Resort World.

I enjoyed the keynote and one of the paper presenations very much. Really made lots of sense. However when it came to the launch of ELIS, what a certain "whose-name-cannot-be named-and-still-held-in-awe/fear-by-the-current-government-and-politicians" said, had my jaws dropping to the floor. Literally! When he said that American English would be the way to go for the future because America is a big power, and it is a big economy, I could hear the waves of murmuring of disbelief spreading across the ballroom like a tsunami. Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit but it was disbelief all over the place. Sigh. He has a great mind but I think it is time that he retires in peace...

No comments: