making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 23 December 2011

The Hobbit

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey trailer is out! :) I read Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings (3 volumes) before I watched The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. But I always enjoyed the first Tolkien book I read, The Hobbit. :)
It is going to be a long wait though for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (part 1) as it is scheduled only to be released on 14 December 2012 and The Hobbit: There and Back Again (part 2) will only be released in December 2013. Long wait. :( Might read The Hobbit again.

(uploaded by ColliderVideos)

2 comments:

Anthony Hopper said...

I enjoyed the trailer. It will be interesting to see how Jackson interweaves the narrative from the book with the story line his writing team is adding for the movie (the White Council's attack on Dol Guldur--mentioned briefly in 'The Hobbit' and in Appendices, notes, etc.) I will also be keen to see if Jackson maintains the lighthearted nature of 'The Hobbit' or turns it into a darker scree (I bet on the latter). Either way, I hope the movie is good; I would be really disappointed to have to sit through a sub-par 'Hobbit' movie, especially given my love for the book.

hweiming said...

Hi Anthony,

Sorry for the late response. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It will be very interesting indeed to watch Jackson's version of The Hobbit. I really hope, for our sakes and other LOTR fans, that the movie will be great. Fingers crossed. :)
Happy New Year.

Cheers,
Hwei Ming