making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 18 February 2012

Hello!

I bought my girls across the road to Food For Thought, Botanic Gardens for lunch. It was just after 11.30am and the place was packed! We looked around for an empty table and we managed to snag one near the cashier. :) Just as I was going to grab a menu for the girls, I heard "Ms Wong". I thought I misheard as it was quite noisy at FFT and didn't bother until I could sense someone running towards me. Oh my goodness, it was my former student, Petrina Ho whom I taught in P3(?), way back in 1990 something, err... never mind it was a LONG, LONG TIME AGO lol. I am glad that I am still recognisable after all these years. :P It was really great catching up with Petrina in person (and not just over Facebook haha) and I brought her over to see my girls. With Petrina's words, my girls finally believed that I once taught at SCGS lol. All the Best in the new year, Petrina. :)


We got our food after half an hour (they were really packed!) but the girls were doing their homework while waiting so time was not wasted lol. I had Brunch (scrambled eggs, sausage, garlic mushrooms) ($8 for 3 items), Juliane had Creamy Mushroom Soup with bread, and Marieann had Creamy Pullled Pork Linguine ($16). The pasta was really good! I couldn't help but kept stealing bites of Marieann's pasta even as I was struggling to finish my brunch lol.


Oh yes, I also met my good friend/colleague at FFT. He was at Botanic Gardens exercising and went into FFT for a drink and bite. Since it was really packed, we shared our table with him otherwise the poor guy might have to stand and eat.
It has been a really nice day for us at FFT - meeting my former student, my friend and having a delicious meal. :)

No comments: