making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 11 February 2012

Staff Lunch 2012

My good friend and colleague gave me a lift to our staff lunch at Mandarin Hotel. We arrived around 10.40am and therefore entitled to the Early Bird Gift lol. We could choose from either Shaw movie tickets, NTUC Fairprice $10 voucher or thumbdrive. I chose the voucher because I could pass it to my father who often shops at NTUC Fairprice. :)
There were a number of pre-event activities - glamour shots, caricature sketch, silhouette snipping, airbrush snipping and hair extensions. As a memento, I would always go for the glamour shot. :) I was actually lining up for the caricature sketch but it took too long. After 40 minutes, I was still in the queue. I decided to "cut my loss" and joined the queue for silhouette snipping. Within 10 minutes, I was holding my silhouette lol. :)
By 12noon, we were seated at our Table 21. :P It was the usual people at our table - DK, YZ, C, CD, G, K, S, and a new colleague, YX. The goodie bag was really good this year - Garretts popcorn, postit notes, pen - useful and practical stuff. :) The buffet was not too bad, had the famous Chatterbox Chicken Rice. Yummy! :) This year's MC was really good too. He was funny without trying hard and without being rude. We were all laughing so hard with his jokes and antics. :)
Our Table 21 was really lucky as well, with 2 people winning prizes from the top 25 prizes and 1 person winning from 26th-100th prizes. Not bad at all, considering there were about 700 people (70 tables) at the staff lunch, amounting to about one from each table winning something. And we had 3 prize winners from our table alone! :)
The fun ended at 3pm. I am already looking forward to the next staff lunch lol. :P
Oh, what I went as? I was Fiona from Shrek 2, the before transformation haha. :)



My PERI team - "Jasonette", "Fiona", "Ponyo", "Star Trek"

No comments: