making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 3 February 2012

Staff Retreat at Universal Studio Singapore

This is the first ever staff retreat that is all about teamwork and play. :)
We gathered at Universal Studio Singapore (USS) at 9am. By 9.45am, we were seated at the boardroom in the Far Far Away Castle. Our deputy head gave a speech followed by the USS game master's briefing of the scavenger hunt. There were about 70 of us and were split into 7 groups. We set off from Far Far Away Castle for our 3-hours duration scavenger hunt. Each group had to answer 30 questions by looking for the answers around USS. It was really fun. I was able to supply some answers to the questions and my teammates were surprised by my "knowledge" haha. I only realised then HOW MUCH tv series and movies I have watched! Lol. :P By 1.40pm, we were back at the boardroom at Far Far Away Castle. Although my team didn't get top 3 places, I definitely had LOTS of FUN with my teammates running around USS.

Our PERI team (one member not arrived yet)

My scavenger hunt team: Orange Squash lol :P

After the scavenger hunt, we were free to stay in USS until closing time at 7pm. I roamed around on my own - taking photos and watching the live shows lol. It reminded me of the time I spent at Universal Studio, Los Angeles but USS is definitely much smaller than US, LA. I met another colleague who was also roaming on his own and we went on the rides: Transformers The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle (first in the world), Battlestar Galactica: Cylon and Revenge of the Mummy. Loved the roller coaster rides. I was laughing the whole time while my colleague was screaming away. Strange to hear a guy screaming like that haha. :P




Transformer, my friend and I

I watch The Mummy because of him lol :)


I had a really great time at USS, and getting to know a few more colleagues. I am one of the handful who have been with the research centre since 2003/ 2004. We are known as "The oldies" to the newbies lol. Because we are attached to projects and / contracts, there is always colleagues leaving every year. After a while, it gets really tiring trying to keep up with who are the new colleagues and who have left. This retreat definitely helps to bring colleagues together. I hope future retreats would be of this nature too. :) Fingers and toes crossed. :)

No comments: