making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Farewell, Teck Kiang

Yet another colleague is leaving us, another statistics expert, Teck Kiang. :( We had a farewell lunch for TK at the Chinese restaurant at NTU. It was a nice and cosy lunch.
Although we have been in the same work place for a long time, I haven't had the chance to work with TK nor had I the chance to know him well. I only got to know him better in the last two years as I had to seek his statistics help for my work. I wished I had known him better earlier lol. I don't know why but my impression of him was that since he is an expert in statistics, he probably won't want much to do with a statistics idiot like me. But when I approached him for help, he was really nice and helpful. He even went beyond and gave me quick tutorials of why we should or should not use certain methods. He was totally not what I expected! Never judge a book by its cover. :P
Thank you for your help, Teck Kiang. Good luck at your new workplace. :) Keep in touch.

No comments: