making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 17 April 2012

PAIN!

I had an accident today, just before I left for work. In my hurry to leave, I accidentally stubbed my right foot on my room door which left the door rattling away. My middle toe went numb and I quickly rubbed it without looking at my foot. As I was walking to the living room where I left my computer bag, I spied with the corner of my eye a trail of red on the floor. Why is there a bloody trail?! When I looked down at my right foot, I saw my middle toe totally covered in blood! At that point of time, I felt PAIN!! I quickly went into the bathroom to clean up. The skin covering my toe was nearly tore off and flapping around. I did something which I shouldn't have -- I tore the skin off! OUCH!! It was pain upon pain. :( I bandaged it as best as I could. Unfortunately, I didn't own any peep-toe shoes/ sandals and had to wear the most comfortable covered shoes I had - my Crocs. It was hurting like hell with every step I took. When I arrived at work, my bandage was soaked through with blood and I had to change it with the supplies from the First Aid box. During lunch, my good friend drove me out to the nearest shopping mall so that I could just buy a pair of sandals to wear and to buy first aid supplies. Thanks much, DK, I really appreciated your help. 
My toe was throbbing away in pain the entire day. I had to change the bandage twice more during the day as the wound was still bleeding away. Being pre-diabetic, I think it didn't help. :( When I arrived home in the evening, I called for the family doctor as it happened that Juliane wasn't feeling well. He took a look at my toe too and scolded me for tearing the skin off my toe. :( He said that my toe nail has actually been dislodged from the bed and has moved from its original position. But he advised me NOT to touch/ remove the nail and let it heal on its own. The main worry is infection so I had to keep applying antiseptic cream on my toe and to keep it clean and dry.
I hope my toe will heal soon! I can't stand the pain. I swear the pain is worse than labour pain! I swear I will be more careful in the future.

No comments: