making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Meeting Up

A Finnish professor, whom I first met in 2009 at the conference our research centre organised, is back in Singapore for 2 days for a symposium. We had met up once more in 2010. I am really happy that Prof Niemi contacted me and asked to meet up. Being a full professor and an expert in her field, I am really honoured that she wants to meet up with me, a junior academic. I must have made a good impression on her lol. :P
I brought her to Food For Thought, Botanic Gardens for afternoon tea and chit-chat. She is really happy for me that I passed my Phd defense and even got me a congratulatory gift, an adorable Moomin cup! We had a lovely time chatting about my Phd, my work, my future plans and her work in Finland. An hour past really quickly. I sent her back to her accommodation at 5pm as she has to attend a dinner at 6pm organised by the director of NIE. We will definitely be keeping in touch! :)

No comments: