making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Bali Shopping, Rest & Relax

Today is our 4th day in Bali. We took it easy and just went with the flow. We slept in and woke up around 8am which was still pretty early lol. We took our time to dress up and went for breakfast only at 9am. Surprisingly, there were hardly any hotel patrons at the restaurant. Maybe they had their breakfast much earlier. :P Today's breakfast selection was quite good and we had a leisurely-paced breakfast. :)
After breakfast, we ventured out to explore the shopping around Desamuda Village. We walked up north along Jalan Raya Seminyak and turned into Oberoi. We were out for about 1.5 hours and we couldn't take the heat. We kept ducking into the stores to get a break from the heat lol. :P We did buy something from two of those shops - a dress for myself and four natural stones bracelets for myself and my girls. As it was way too hot, we went back to our villa. 
Since it was nice and hot, I let the girls have a swim. They finally got to swim in the villa pool lol. I joined them for a bit to keep an eye on them. After 45 minutes, I had to force the girls out of the pool with threats. They loved the pool so much that they refused to leave it.



Since we had a full breakfast and didn't feel hungry., we decided to go out again much later, closer to 5pm for a late lunch/ early dinner and maybe some window shopping. Meanwhile, my mother and the girls are watching tv, and I am updating my blog. I think I should go lie in bed to read my James Rollins' Excavation. :)
I will update my blog later tonight. See you. :)
Updated 11.32pm, 13 June 2012
We went off for dinner just before 5.30pm. Decided to go for Western food lol. :P We went to Warung Italia on Jalan Kunti which was a 5 minutes walk away. The girls and I enjoyed the food immensely because it was NOT spicy lol. :P Juliane ordered a Carbonara (bacon) (IDR 35,000), Marieann a Carbonara Seafood (IDR 55,000) which was not common back home (see photo) and my mother and I shared a pizza with tomato, cheese, chicken and mushroom (IDR 60,000). The service was fast, the food was tasty and the price was value for money. In addition to the main courses, we had 3 iced lemon tea (IDR7,000 x 3) and a bowl of 3 scoops of Gelato: Apple, vanilla with choco chips, and coffee (IDR 30,000) to share and the total bill was only IDR 201,000 (approximately SGD$28)! :) 



Marieann's Carbonara Seafood came with a whole crab!
After dinner, as it was only 6.45pm, we decided to do some (window) shopping along Jalan Kunti and Jalan Raya Seminyak lol. Within the first 10 minutes, Marieann got a dress lol. For the rest of the hour, we tried looking for something for Juliane but there was nothing. :( We headed back and reached our villa just before 8pm. My mother and I did some packing. I think we should be alright and within the weight limit of 20kg for the check-in luggage, I hope lol. We will only know for sure tomorrow morning.
Our last night in Bali... will kind of miss it lol. :) 

No comments: