making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 2 June 2012

Naive

A former classmate and I met up for dinner and we tried out Naive at Katong. It is a vegetarian restaurant. But I assured you, the vegetarian food is as tasty and as filling as any non-vegetarian food! We only ordered two dishes - Cheeky Monkey (monkeyhead mushroom with oats and curry leaves) and Mango tofu cake (crispy tofu with mango sauce) and a plate of olive brown rice to share. We were struggling to finish everything because the food was really filling and delicious despite being vegetarian food. Another plus point about the food - NO MSG!! :) We also ordered drinks - Shanghai Rose (cooling tea with rosehip) and Yuzu Tea with our meal. Both were really nice and not too sweet. :) 


After dinner, we had to walk around the area to digest our food lol. It is the first time that I am in the Katong area on foot. I marvelled at the number of restaurants and eateries I see all over the place in the 30 minutes' walk I had! Before we headed back home, I bought two cupcakes - LOVE and Over the Rainbow for the girls and some kueh and bak chang (rice dumpling) from Kim Choo Kueh Chang, a Peranakan restaurant. :) I must come back to Katong more often for the food! :) 


No comments: