making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 7 July 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

I accompanied a friend (who was afraid to watch it on her own) to watch Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It is certainly an interesting spin on Abraham Lincoln, casting him as a lawyer/ president-to-be/ president by day and a vampire hunter by night. (Buffy does pop into the mind - cheerleader/ counsellor [in the later seasons] by day and vampire slayer by night lol :P). I have heard some people were appalled with the idea of a well-beloved president having a secret life and as a vampire hunter at that too. I guess the main thing to bear in mind in order to enjoy the movie is the notion of "What If". This movie is a result of "what if Lincoln has a secret life as a vampire hunter, how would it be?". The movie combines imagination and a bit of history and it is definitely not meant to replace the real history. That's how I see it and I enjoyed the movie lol. 

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter trailer (uploaded by ENTV)

The bloodier ALVH trailer (uploaded by ENTV)

PS. Not too long into the show, a scene where Lincoln, an amateur, shot the vampire who murdered his mother - when he turned to look at the corpse, it was nowhere to be seen. From watching so many horror movies, I knew the vampire was going to attack Lincoln from behind so I braced myself for the attack on screen. Little did I know, the "attack" came from behind my seat! The movie-goer seated behind me screamed most loudly and jammed his knees with force into the back of my seat in fright! I have NEVER heard a guy screamed like a girl before and much less see, or rather felt a violent reaction like that. Goodness! All I can say to that male movie-goer is: Be a man!

No comments: