making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 25 August 2012

Lunch @ Dean & Deluca Singapore, OC

I was invited to attend Speech Day at one school as well as the lunch reception. However, when I saw the huge crowd of VIPs, guests, parents and teachers moving towards the reception area, I decided that I would not fight with the crowd. I set off instead with a friend I met at the school (a really pleasant surprise!) to get our own lunch at Dean and Deluca, the latest hip and trendy eatery in town. :)
It was crowded when we got there close to 1pm. We were very lucky to get a table within 5 minutes of arrival. We ordered a Sauteed Brioche French Toast with Salted Caramelised Bananas & Fresh Berries and an American Country Breakfast to share. The sweet came before the savoury but we weren't going to complain lol.   

Sauteed Brioche French Toast with Salted Caramelised Bananas & Fresh Berries

American Country Breakfast

The salted caramelised bananas were to die for! The bananas were soft but not mushy and the sweetness of the bananas blended very well with the salted caramel sauce!! I could just eat them alone. Of course, they went great with the vanilla ice cream and the crusty toasted brioche french toast. :) If my friend didn't stop me, I would be licking up the caramel sauce from the plate! It was that good! By having this dish, I have blown my blood sugar level sky high, never mind that I shared it with my friend lol.
The savoury dish was just as good. The pork sausage was juicy with a good texture, flavoursome and not too greasy. The scrambled eggs were of the right creamy consistency, the  grilled tomato was juicy, the bacon was crispy and greasy (the best way to have bacon lol), the mashed potato had texture and flavour. I just loved everything on that plate too.
I had the iced organic ginger peach tea to wash down my lunch. I thought the taste of ginger was overpowering and I couldn't taste the peach in the tea. :( Guess I will try something else next time. Oh YES, I will definitely be back again. 
See you soon, Dean & Deluca. :)

No comments: