making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 14 September 2012

Dinner@Medz, Orchard Central

I went to Medz for dinner with my friend because she wanted to celebrate my achievement of getting a PhD lol. It is the first time that I ate at Medz even though I past it several times whenever we were at Orchard Central. It is a Marche-style restaurant.

Being a Friday night, it was crowded. We managed to get a table and we went to get our food. There are Italian, Greek, French, Turkish, Moroccan and Tunisian, Spanish, Drinks, and Dessert stations. I was so lost with the different choices available lol. My friend got a Chicken Tajine with Couscous with caramelised onion while I ordered a Pork Ribs with Sides. We shared a Pork Belly skewer and a Mixed Salad Platter (eggplant, salad and hummus).

Chicken Tajine with Couscous
I have never tried tajine or couscous before so I thought they were pretty good and tasty. The tajine gravy was a tad salty on its own but with the couscous, the combination was of the right flavour. The chicken was tender and went well with the gravy and couscous. :)

Pork Ribs with sides: mashed potato and grilled tomato
The pork ribs were tender and juicy. The sauce was delicious.

Pork Belly skewer
Mixed Salad Platter: eggplant, hummus and salad
The pork belly skewer was a surprise. I didn't expect it to be crispy and tender at the same time. The mixed salad platter, especially the eggplant and hummus brought balance to the meal lol.
If we hadn't stuffed ourselves so full, we would have gone for more desserts! Lol. But for this meal, a slice of rainbow was a fitting end to a very satisfying meal. :)

I am likely to come back as there are dishes that I would like to try. :)

No comments: