making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 8 September 2012

Old World Singapore

Old World Charm 1 - Tong Xian Tng (Buddhist Temple) @ Devonshire Road
School is reopening soon. My parents and I brought the girls to Tong Xian Tng (the temple we frequent) to pray for good results for their coming exams in Term 4. Tong Xian Tng temple has been around for a long time and it has really beautiful traditional Chinese architecture.

Old World Charm 2 - Tiong Bahru Market and area
After the temple visit, we went to Tiong Bahru Market for brunch. There are quite a number of famous stalls here. :) Marieann had her Laksa, Juliane had Chicken Rice, my mother had Lor Mee, my father had mee (don't know what because he sat near the stall he got his food from) and I had Popiah. After brunch, we walked around the market, both the wet and dry portion. We also walked a little around the Tiong Bahru estate to look at the Art Deco style low-rise flats that are built in the 1930s (pre WWII). Marieann thought the Art Deco style is really nice and different.

Old World Charm 3 - Chinatown
After our brunch, my father dropped us off at People's Park Complex, Chinatown. A family friend owns a hair salon there and we went for our hair trim, especially for the girls who are going back to school soon and for my mother who is going back to Taiwan for my cousin's wedding (late September). I didn't intend to trim my hair but had no choice as I had to be a role model to the girls. :(

Glad that the girls managed to glimpse more of Singapore's past.

No comments: