making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 28 September 2012

Storm Walker

There was a thunderstorm last night. The heavy downpour with thunder and lightning occurred just as my father was returning from his third and final trip to the Isetan Private Sale. He was stuck at the bus-stop. As his daughter, I couldn't possibly leave him there to wait out the storm. Who knows what time the storm would let up. So I ventured out into the thick of the storm to "rescue" my father. 
I have never been in such a heavy thunderstorm before. The rain was pouring down in sheets! The wind was gusty! With most parts of the pavement flooded, I kept wondering if I would be electrocuted with the next lightning that lit up the sky. It was quite an experience - a very cold, wet and scary experience, one that I do not care to repeat anytime soon.
A short three minutes walk to and back from the bus-stop had both my father and I drenched, despite each carrying a huge umbrella. :( 

No comments: