making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 6 September 2012

Work, Food & Park

The girls were finally able to follow me to work today. They brought their tuition homework to do. Marieann also managed to do some online activities using my notebook while I read some articles. During lunch, I bought them some storybooks as a reward because they have been really attentive while doing their homework. At the end of the work day, the girls finished all their homework and I had the outline of my conference presentation. A very productive day for us! :)
For dinner, I brought them to Chunkwagon BBQ & Grill at Portsdown Road area. It is our first visit to Chunkwagon. The girls loved the surrounding greenery, the outdoors as well as the food! :) 
We ordered a Lord of the Rings: batter-fried onion rings (regular $9.80) to share. Juliane had a 3 Little Pigs: 3 pieces of bbq pork ribs (kid's $8.80) and Marieann had a Classic Marinara (kid's $8.80). I had a Tumbled US Pork Chop with apple sauce ($23.80). My pork chops were really tender, juicy and tasty and went really, really well with the apple sauce. :)


As there was still light after our dinner at 6.45pm, we went to Labrador Park as the girls have never been there before. They were thrilled to see the Machine Gun Post (WWII war relic). They also managed to find the sealed entrance of a tunnel near the machine gun post lol. They wondered if it was the secret tunnel that would lead to Sentosa. :) Marieann was especially excited to see the replica of Dragon's Teeth Gate because she has learnt about it in her Social Studies. 

The Machine Gun Post
Dragon's Teeth Gate (Long Ya Men): That way lol
We left around 7.45pm as it was too dark to see much and also the haze was quite bad. We had Yoguru yoghurt at a nearby shopping centre before we finally went home.
The girls definitely had a great day - finished their homework, had good food, and had a little glimpse into the history of Singapore. Labrador Park made a deep impression as they couldn't stop asking me about the secret tunnel at Labrador Park! Lol. I am very glad that the girls totally enjoyed themselves today. 

No comments: