making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 5 October 2012

Happy Children's Day 2012

Happy Children's Day!

It is also "Bring Your Child to Work" Day at my workplace today. I was initially hesitant about letting the girls come to my workplace because their exams start next Monday! But I relented as it is Children's Day and they did deserve some fun. (BUT I also got their promise that they will work hard for their exams lol :P ) 
The day started at 8.45am with registration and the girls each received a goodie bag with a book on Science facts (Marieann got Animal Planet's Incredible Journeys: Amazing Animal Migrations and Juliane received discover science's Apes and Monkeys), a hand-held battery operated fan, a pen, a bag of popcorn, and a bottle of mineral water. Following after registration was the Book Exchange activity. I bought new books for the girls to bring to this particular activity as they couldn't bear to part with any of their books. They managed to pick up books that they liked. :) The other parents were also present with their children during the registration and book exchange activity. By 9.30am, all the children who were divided into different groups, proceeded to the Math laboratory for Math and Arts Activity. 
Marieann and Juliane (with the exhanged book in her hands) after the Book Exchange Activity
Just before the girls moved off to the Math and Arts Activity
Lunch was at 11.45am and I met up with the girls again. After their lunch, I brought them to the Prologue stall that was set-up especially for today. I bought them each a book. Story-telling by Adeline Foo and Stephanie Wong was next on the programme. I told the girls that I was classmate with Adeline Foo at NJC but they didn't believe me. Sigh. So I stayed till Adeline Foo arrived. Yes, Adeline did recognise me and we chatted for a while before I left (back to work!). Oh yes, Juliane managed to ask Adeline Foo to autograph on her Amos Lee Book 2. :) Movie screening of Kung Fu Panda was after the Story-telling. 
The girls and their Mckkies lunch (not exactly the heathiest lunch choice)
Overall, the girls really enjoyed themselves with the activities, the goodies they received and the new books they bought. They said that they want to attend "Bring Your Child to Work Day again next year. :)
The girls at the landscaped water feature just before Admin Block

No comments: