making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Pre-Birthday Dinner Celebration

Yesterday, my friends decided to take me out for pre-birthday dinner to celebrate my birthday which is this coming Saturday. It was so nice of them. :) But what they didn't know was yesterday was actually my Chinese birthday! So they were right on time lol. :P They came to pick me up after work and we went to Parco Caffe which I have never been to.
I was really surprised to know there is a restaurant in the middle of Raeburn Park which is a commercial/ office building behind the former Tanjong Pagar railway station. I love the decor of Parco Caffe, lots of green foliage which makes one feel as if you are dining in a park, and green is my favourite colour lol. :P

We chose to have soup as our first course - Mozzarella, Lettuce and Cold Tomato Soup ($20) and Chickpea Cream Soup with Seared Tiger Prawns ($13). I pinched a bit of my friends' cold tomato soup. The cold tomato soup was really tangy and the mozzarella complemented the soup perfectly. I had the chickpea soup which I totally enjoyed and the prawns were really fresh and crunchy. The bread was very delicious (and warm) too, with the condiments provided and with the soups. 
 For the mains, we ordered Beef Loin with Foie Gras, Mushroom, Rosti and Creamy Truffle Sauce ($36) and Pan-roasted Prawn Tail wrapped in Sole Filet with Potato Mash and Bisque Sauce ($29). Since I don't take beef, I tried only the foie gras from my friend's plate lol. Just one word to describe the foie gras - YUM! Lol. I loved my prawn tails wrapped in sole filet very much. It is certainly an innovative way of combining the two kinds of seafood and making them taste so good together. :)

For dessert, I wanted something light and not too sweet so I went for the Mango and Yogurt Mousse ($12) while my friends ordered the Lemongrass Panna Cotta ($10). I enjoyed my mousse which tasted a little like cheesecake but I loved my friends' panna cotta more. The lemongrass panna cotta was light and extremely refreshing.

I really enjoyed my pre-birthday dinner and the company was great as well. :) Thank you so much! :)

No comments: