making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 15 November 2012

Sleep Talking

I don't know if it is because of her current illness (flu with fever), I discovered that Marieann talks in her sleep at least once during the night, for the past three nights. As her fever tended to flare up in the night, I would monitor her closely at night.
The first time it happened, I thought she was awake and talking to me so I replied her while I was reading my book. We had a couple of Initiate-Response cycles (to borrow from IRE cycles in education, she initiated question and I responded). Suddenly, there was just silence and I then reslised that she wasn't even awake! She had no recollection of our "conversation"when I asked her in the morning.
It happened again the second and the third night. On the third night (last night), she had a monologue and lasted for at least 30 seconds. As I couldn't hear clearly, I asked her to repeat and she did! It was kind of funny.
I just hope the sleep talking is a result of her fever and it would disappear soon.

No comments: