making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 1 December 2012

Arrived in Sydney

It was humid and hot when I arrived in Sydney. It was almost like I never left Singapore!
As my studio apartment at Meriton Serviced Apartment would only be ready at 2pm, I deposit my luggage and went for a look see around the area and more importantly, I needed to get a new thumbdrive because I forgot to bring mine!! I discovered I am actually very near to World Square and Chinatown, both only a block away. So I am close to supermarkets. :)
From 9+am till 2pm, I browsed in Coles, World Square, Paddy's Market and City Market. I certainly took my time. But by 11.30am, I was so bored and I just sat down on a bench and people watched lol. I bought some grocery and souvenirs before I went back to Meriton at 2pm.
I am staying on the 16th floor but unfortunately, there is no view. The apartment, at the end of a long corridor, is just right for a single person or a couple. It has everything including a small kitchen, dish washer, washing machine and dryer. :) It is also very quiet because it is right at the end of a long corridor with only 2 other apartments in this section.

A little corridor leading to the study and bathroom (on the right, not seen) and into the living room
The small study area and the bathroom



The laundry area next to the shower in the bathroom

The dining and  living areas

The bed just beyond the living and dining areas

The kitchen

The view of the living and dining areas from the bed

The view of the kitchen and dining area from the bed
After settling in my apartment, I had to nap from 4 to 5pm as it has been an exhausting and stressed trip to Sydney. I spoke to my best friend, Min and it was really good to hear her voice! Lol. At 6pm, I slowly walked to Harbourside Shopping Centre for dinner and a bit more of window shopping. :P Intended to have dinner at Pancakes at The Rocks but I went too late and the queue was long! Did window shopping instead haha. Besides I was more exhausted physically than hungry. Finally had a bite at Gloria Jean's just after 8pm. I stayed till 9pm because of the fireworks display at the Harbourside. The display was spectacular. A pity a lot of my shots were blurred but there were still a couple of nice shots :)

Chinese Garden of Friendship, Darling Harbour




Chinatown

Wonderful selection of cakes, tarts and buns, the traditional way of baking. Prices range from AUD$1.40 to 2.10

The mango mousse cake from the above bakery. Really delicious and not too sweet :)
Came back to my apartment around 9.30pm and after my shower, I did my laundry and ironed my clothes. It is like back to my uni days in UQ lol. Spoke via Skype to my girls and they were thrilled to see the apartment. It has been a really long day and I think I would knock out very fast. :) Good night. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: