making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 28 December 2012

Cafe + Lifestyle Store

Due to the fact that I am clearing my annual leave, I was able to meet up with a good friend who is into visiting interesting cafes around Singapore. She drove us to a part of Singapore which I seldom venture to, Farrer Park area. There at the corner of Owen Road and Dorset Road, I saw L'etoile Cafe, a two-storey quaint cafe looking pretty in white.
We sat downstairs as it was closer to the cutesy stuff that are being sold in the cafe. The ambience is really nice, cosy and relaxing, very homely. I love the floor-to-ceiling windows which allow light into the cafe, making it nice and (not overly) bright and ideal for reading and doing work! Lol. :) I ordered a Chicken Cordon Bleu ($17.90) while my friend had Bangers and Mash ($17.90). After ordering our food, I browsed around the cafe, the lifestyle store and upstairs. However as there are other customers upstairs, I didn't take photos except for one. I took plenty of photos of downstairs though. :)
Corner selling cutesy/ handmade stuff
Interesting - a Singer sewing machine turned into a table for two!
Not long after, our food arrived. Both our dishes looked good and tasted likewise, deliciously good. :) I think I will come back to L'etoile Cafe to try out the other dishes.
After our satisfying lunch, we also shared a Matcha Azuki chiffon cake because it looked so tempting despite us being really full. :P The matcha chiffon cake was light and soft and the buttercream with azuki bean bits complimented the cake well. (Sorry, no photo as I was too busy eating :P) Before we left, I bought hair accessories for the girls and a pair of earrings for myself! :) 
L'etoile Cafe is a good place for a meal, for tea/ coffee, for hanging out as well as for reading and working on notebooks (preferably on weekdays, not so crowded).

No comments: