making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 2 December 2012

Calm before Panic

It is the day before my presentation on Monday. Decided to relax myself and go exploring around. Even though I have been to Sydney several times, it is still fun to explore the city. :) Took the free shuttle bus 555 and headed to The Circular Quay  in the morning before 10.30am. Visited the Sydney Opera House (and taking photos of it and Harbour Bridge) before heading over to The Rocks Market.



I always love the craft markets - the beautiful artwork and crafts, the fashion and accessories, homewares, the bright colours and wonderful smell. I was happy with my purchases from The Rocks Market - hand-made earrings, hand-made soaps, stamps, and a dress. :) I had a simple seafood salad for lunch before heading to Hyde Park just before 1pm.

This is the first time I visited Hyde Park. It was an enjoyable walk. I saw St Mary's Cathedral, a beautiful  English style gothic church. The Archibald Fountain was also impressive.

From Hyde Park, I walked over to Pitt Street mall and Queen Victoria Building (QVB) which were a short distance away. As I already have my favourite brands, I just headed for those shops without window shopping around first lol. :P Unfortunately, I didn't see anything I fancy. Never mind, there are still many days left for shopping. :)
Christmas decor in Strand Arcade, a mall along Pitt Street mall


Queen Victoria Building (QVB)

Hopped on a free shuttle 555 again to return to my apartment for a rest before heading down to University of Sydney for the registration of the Conference as well as the Conference Reception at 5.30pm. As my presentation is on Monday, I left at 6.30pm before the end of the reception so that I could have dinnner and practice for my presentation.
I went to a pub, Cheers near my apartment. I found raving reviews of Cheers on Tripadvisor. I tried its famous Chicken Schnitzel (half size) which came with one side (AUD$10). The schnitzel was really tender and tasty!  Even though it was half size, the portion was huge and generous! I could hardly finish my schnitzel and my coleslaw. It was definitely value for money. :) After my meal, I saw a shop selling Taiwanese desserts! Lol. I couldn't resist buying one for later as an incentive for practicing my presentation. :P 

When I was settled down, I found that my PI had sent me a revised version of my presentation slides with minor changes. However, I discovered he had sent me the old version instead of the new one! Panic started to set in... No choice, I will just practise with what I have since the changes were minor...

No comments: