making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Conference, Get-together and Food

Today is the third day of the conference. I finally had the time and mood to go round the University of Sydney campus to look at the beautiful architecture.



At lunch break, I met up with an old friend (and ex-colleague), Theresa. It has been 4 years since we last saw each other. We had lunch at The Little Snail, Darling Harbour. The 3-course set lunch costs AUD$36 and it is really value for money! The entrees, mains and desserts were absolutely delicious! Try this place if you are ever in the area.

My entree - Escargot de Bourgogne

My main - Kangaroo Fillet on garlic pommes purée with Dijon mustard and honey bordelaise sauce

My dessert - Chef Churned Hazelnut and Praline Ice Cream on shortbread and Grand Marnier caramel

Friend's entree - King Prawn

Friend's main - Seafood Plate of grilled salmon, garlic prawns, salt and pepper squid, chilli mussels, beer battered soft shell crab and mesclun salad

Friend's dessert - Kahlua Infused Chocolate Mousse

Theresa and I, friends since mid 2000s
It was really great catching up with Theresa. We had a good chat about our lives and what's happening. :) Hope we will meet up again in the near future.
I went back to the Cheers Bar again for dinner. This time I ordered Chicken Cordon Bleu (AUD$15). Yummy!

No comments: